- Graduated in Physics in 1993 from the University of La Laguna.
- In 2000 he obtained the sanitary specialty of Hospital Radiophysics.
- Between 2008 and 2016 Dr. Macias is a tutor in the specialty of Hospital Radiophysics at the Dr. Negrín University Hospital of Gran Canaria.
- Since 2012 he collaborates in the practices of the subject of Physics and Medical Technology of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- He is a Radioactive Facilities Supervisor.
- He currently works as a full-time hospital radiophysicist at San Roque University Hospitals and conducts doctoral studies at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Notable Achievements and Professional Associations
- In 2014, he obtained the Diploma of Head of Radiation Protection of the Technical Unit for Radiation Protection awarded by the Nuclear Safety Council.
- He has been a member of the research teams of 10 projects financed by different national organizations.
- It has 16 publications in international magazines, 1 publication in a national magazine, 30 communications to national conferences and 18 communications to international conferences.